Tuesday 21 January 2014

Vegan banana bread

I was looking for a banana bread recipe that don't contain eggs, because I am all about baking without eggs these days - if I can help it. I learned that ingredients like banana, pumpkin and avocado can help us do that easily because of their textures. So you're probably going to see a lot of recipes on pumpkins and bananas here, if I manage to find good recipes.

I read how the writer tried different ingredients to achieve a moist banana bread, and finally succeeded this time. So I was tempted to try the recipe.

I did not like it at first. The batter was super thick before going into the oven, and I was afraid that it would be dry. It did turn out to be dry when I tried it a few hours after it came out of the oven. But after keeping it for a day, the bread turned moist and I love it. It is fine if you don't include the pepitas, I just wanted to try because the original recipe used sunflower seeds.

Vegan banana bread

4 medium-sized ripe bananas
1 and a half cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp pepitas (optional)
1 and a half tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda


1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Mashed the bananas in a medium bowl and add in oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together.
3. Fold sieved flour, baking powder and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
4. Add the pepitas into the batter.
5. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.





Original recipe from veg recipes of India.

2 comments:

  1. wah, ada blog rupanya. yay. permintaan terakhir boleh? pineapple upside down cake. my doter dah try tapi batat. dah try berkali2 still tak sedap. kesian mak dia mencari di pelusuk negara (tipu).

    i like food blog. drool. yay to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Auntie :)

      Tak sangka auntie likes food blogs, but mine is just a simple one. Hehe. Thank you.

      Macam tau tau je Auntie nak sebut pineapple upside down cake kot. I was thinking about the cake a few days ago. Baru nak attempt first time nanti. So tak boleh nak promise Auntie. My hands are mostly for easy bakes. But kalau I come across a good recipe will surely put it up here.

      Thank you for reading, Auntie :)

      Delete