Thursday 9 January 2014

Roasted red pepper pasta

Roasted vegetables are like a treat. Try roasting your vegetables today, and you would make any excuse to have them everyday from then on. Now, roasted peppers are the best. They get this smoky aroma enveloping them, and I am inhaling it right now. Yeah, it's stuck on my hands after I worked with them just now. Not that I am complaining, though.

Roasted red pepper pasta.

2 whole red pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 whole medium onion, diced finely
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
Flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
1/2 pound pasta : Penne

 1. Roast red peppers and cover with cling wrap to allow to sweat.




2. Peel the charred skins from the peppers, then remove seeds. Puree peppers. Set aside.
 
I did not wash the roasted pepper skin to keep all the goodness, like Ree said. All I did was peel them and scraped the black parts.


3. Cook pasta in salted water for 8-12 minutes until al dente.
4.In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. Add diced onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until soft. Pour in pepper puree and stir together. 
5. Add broth, salt and pepper and stir. Pour in yoghurt and stir to combine.
6. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Stir to coat pasta and top with chopped parsley.


Original recipe by Ree Drummond.


 p/s: I learned something new today. Penne is the plural form of Italian penna. The word penna was derived from Latin penna (feather or quill). Source: Wikipedia.

6 comments:

  1. I love Ree Drummond too! Most of my pasta dishes are from her, also her moist chocolate chips is a hit with the husband hehe! Oh this is chickquita btw hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi chickquita,

      Her pasta dishes makes me want to go on a pasta-only diet. Haha. I will definitely look out for her moist chocolate chips. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Eh I meant chocolate chip cookies *ahem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I faham..hehe. But then, she have more than one recipe of cookies. Which one did you use?

      Delete
  3. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/05/chocolate-chocolate-white-chocolate-chip-cookies/

    I use this one, bake the dough for about 8 mins and it came out perfectly crunchy outside, but chewy inside even after a few days. My only problem with the recipe is it yields like, 60 cookies! Mampos sapa nk abiskan semua cookies tuuu? (my husband can actually finish it in under 2 weeks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the white chocolate one. Thank you..ingatkan the basic chocolate chip cookies. Lain kali you can make half batch, but as your husband can finish them takpe la. Hehe.
      It would be great for Eid, senang buat ikut the recipe dah boleh dapat banyak kan. :)

      Delete