Tuesday 22 April 2014

Bibimbap

I am very attached to bibimbap and samgyetang, and I need to eat them every once in a while. Typing this made me want to go and get a bowl of samgyetang. Usually I would just head out and buy them. But since I had gochujang, I figured I'd make the bibimbap myself.

Bibimbap

1 cup beansprouts
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks (I didn't put in)
1-1/2 cup spinach, cleaned
1 zucchini, sliced into thin strips
100g mushrooms, sliced
Green, yellow, and red bell peppers, cut into strips
Korean seasoned seaweed, shredded (I didn't put in)
Boiled gosari /Fern brakes (I didn't put in)
Cucumber, cut half lengthwise and sliced thinly crosswise (I didn't put in)
Cooked rice
Eggs, over easy
Sesame oil
Sesame seeds
3 cloves garlic, minced
Gochugaru/Korean chilli pepper flakes
Salt
Soy sauce

Gochujang sauce:
1/4 cup gochujang
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 or 2 tsp water to thin out the sauce

1. Rinse the beansprouts three times and put them in a pot with a lid. Cook the for 15 minutes. Mix with 1 clove minced garlic, gochugaru, sesame oil and salt.
2. Put spinach in a pot of boiling water and stir for a minute. Then, rinse in cold water for a few times and squeeze to drain excess water. Season with 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp of soy sauce and sesame oil.
3. Sprinkle the zucchini strips with salt and leave them for a few minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid and saute them in a pan over high heat until they become translucent.
4. Cut the gosari into 5-7 cm long pieces and season with 1 tbsp soy sauce and sesame oil.
5. Boil the mushrooms until cooked and drain.
6. Sprinkle salt on the cucumber slices and set aside for a few minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid and mix with 1 clove minced garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
7. Saute carrot, and bell peppers separately with dash of salt.
8. Gochujang sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
9. Put rice into a bowl, add the assorted vegetables, seaweed, egg and gochujang sauce on top of the rice. Mix well before eating.


Original recipe shared by Maangchi, Sue, and Hyosun Ro.

No comments:

Post a Comment